Book Trailers Rock!
Ten Tips for Creating Book Trailers:
1. DO NOT think of this as a book report giving a story synopsis.
2. DO give enough information to pique someone's interest.
3. DO NOT start throwing something together.
4. DO write a script for narration and map out a thumbnail sketch of your ideas.
5. DO NOT simply throw a few pictures together and call the project complete.
6. DO be choosy about your pictures. They should be large, at least above the 640 by 480 pixelation and they should support the overall feeling of your trailer.
7. DO NOT assume that just because pictures are on the internet that they are not restricted by copyright.
8. DO explore creative commons and other copyright free pictures.
9. DO NOT make full length movie features.
10. DO keep your trailer to 30, 60 or 90 seconds.
Larry, the Library Gnome, fully endorses book trailers
Class of 2012
WCCC media specialist
Flickr Creative Commons Content
Intro to Windows Movie Maker
Try a Flickr Advanced Image Search Here
A special thanks to the following people for their awesome resources:
Teacher librarian, Michelle Harclerode
Tech Educator, Richard Byrne
Try a Google Advanced Image Search Here
Cool Book Trailer